The urge to see the wellbeing of Timbwani residents uplifted and live a better tomorrow has pushed Salim Mwinyi, popularly known as FAT S, a veteran coast music heavyweight who has been ruling the airwaves and topping the charts for more than a decade now to offer himself the chance to represent them in the Mombasa county assembly in the forthcoming elections. He reckons that the Timbwani ward in the Likoni constituency has lagged in matters development for a very long time because of selfish leaders who have always treated the ward as a vote hunting region only. In his manifesto, he pledges to
Also, Read Political Infighting A Blessing In Disguise.
- Offering small business operators a platform where they can access varied essential services, chief among them aided group registrations, which will be easy for the groups to source for business loans and government services with much more ease.
- Liaise with professionals to offer and impart their relevant expertise to the locals to be in a position to advance their various lines of business.
- Secure jobs for the youths in the locality by linking them to the many industries in the area. That way, he says it hell to reduce the level of idleness among the hopeless youths, making the ward more secure.
- He intends to light up the ward comprehensively through street lighting to spur a 24-hour economy and curb insecurity.
- He promises to continue being down to earth kind of a leader who will always be connected with the grassroots level. So he pledges to set aside half of his salary every month to cater for any emergencies that may occur to his residents.
- He particularly has a soft spot for the many workers toiling each day in the many quarries scattered throughout the ward. He says he would group them and source the funds to buy machinery to ease their hustle through government, even non-governmental institutions.
- In terms of infrastructure, he says that requires close coordination with the county management hierarchy to ensure that funds are released on time for him to do the projects that his residents have mandated him to undertake.
- He will strive to ensure that all the health facilities in his ward are adequately stocked and have experienced personnel. He says he will partner with donors, both local and international, to put up new health facilities or rehabilitate the dilapidated or neglected ones.
- He says that it is a must to invest in their peoples’ education for a community to have any meaningful development. He says education is a key pillar in his manifesto. He will put up structures in place to ensure children right from kindergarten to university level are provided with quality education. He promises to diligently use ward funds allocated for education to distribute bursaries evenly and without bias or favor to the students in need in all corners of the entire ward. Like in health matters, he says he will liaise with donors, both local and international, to invest heavily in the education sector, for it is the foundation for a better tomorrow.
It is indeed new dawn full of hope and prosperity upon us as we embrace focused servant leadership as envisioned by Salim Mwinyi, better known as FAT S.
We at Sunset Kenya wish him all the best in his political endeavors.